As of today, November 19, 2021, Health Canada has approved the use of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for children aged 5 – 11.
To prepare for the upcoming COVID-19 vaccine roll-out for children 5 – 11 years old in Ontario, please take some time to review the following helpful resources. Please continue to check our website for more updates.
- A Guide for Parents: How to Reduce the Pain of Vaccination in Kids and Teens
- AboutKidsHealth: Strategies to Help Cope Before and During Vaccination
- Needles Don’t Have to Hurt: How to Help Your Child Have a Comfortable Vaccination Experience
- How to Talk to Kids About Getting Vaccinated
- COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service for Children, Youth and Their Families – SickKids
- VaxFacts Clinic Hotline – Scarborough Health Network
To help answer some questions that you might have, here is a recent Q&A session hosted by Michael Garron Hospital which tackled COVID-19 vaccine for children.