A Physician Assistant is a skilled health care provider who works under the direct supervision of a licensed physician to provide patient care.
- Some of the things a Physician Assistant can do are:
- Take a medical history
- Perform a physical exam
- Diagnose and develop a clinical treatment plan
- Order, perform and interpret diagnostic tests
- Administer medication
- Monitor patient progress and response to treatment
- Provide counselling on preventive health care
Our Physician Assistant currently works as the case manager for our Home visit Program and Virtual Ward Program and as a primary support for our Home Visit Program.